This time, Chef Petty shares her recipe of a Fujian pastry – Deep-fried Sweet Coconut Taro Balls. Click our video below and learn how to make this crispy and delicious dessert at home! You can also book Chef Petty’s private chef service at MobiChef, explore now! ©mobichef.com
Taro – 400 g m©mobichef.com obichef.com
Glutinous Rice Flour – 150 gmobichef.com
Coconut Milk – 50 mlmobichef.com
Peanuts – 100 gmobichef.com
Sugar – 100 gmobichef.com
1. Slice the taro after removing the skin. Steam for about 20 min.
2. Meanwhile, fry the peanuts for about 5 min. Set aside for a few minutes for cooling. Then, crush the peanuts and add sugar. Mix well.
3. Take out the taro. Add some sugar and coconut milk while mashing the taro. ©mobichef.com
4. Add sugar, coconut milk and glutinous rice flour gradually. Mix well until the taro mash glues together and does not stick to your hands.
5. Shape the taro mash into ovals and put the peanut candies inside. ©mobichef.com
6. Deep-fry the taro balls in 160 degree of oil until they turn golden. Finish.
Being raised in a Fujian family, Petty shared with us that women in her hometown are all experts in cooking! Under her mother’s influence, Petty has developed passion towards cooking since she was small. Years ago, with strong determination, she decided to give up her office job which she had worked for over 20 years, and became a professional cooking tutor and a private kitchen chef. Moreover, Petty never stops learning. She studied French cuisine at Le Cordon Bleu in Tokyo. After graduation, she also took a barista course to enrich her knowledge in F&B. ©mobichef.com
Petty specializes in Chinese cuisines, including authentic Fujian dishes. After learning French cuisines, she even excels in merging them with traditional Chinese dishes and create new fusion dishes. Petty is a friendly chef who loves to share her delicious dishes and cooking experience with us.©mobichef.com
Order Chef Petty’s Menu: https://bit.ly/mobichefpetty
Want to learn more about our chef’s dishes? Check our Youtube channel: MobiChef HK to watch the latest cooking video!©mobichef.com
The MobiChef experience is an alternative to dining out. We connect personal chefs to diners (Gourmets) looking for an exceptional, quality dining experience at home. You can now host a private occasion at home without going back and forth between the kitchen and living room. As a MobiChef Gourmet you can meet the chefs and better appreciate their talent. And MobiChef service is easy and affordable too – you will pay about the same as a typical restaurant bill. The MobiChef community also enables a personal chef to develop their own catering business without a big outlay, and get closer to the people who love their cooking. Ultimately MobiChef is all about sharing. With MobiChef we can join together and experience a world of fine cuisine in the most comfortable place of all – at home.