Chef Flora is teaching us how to make a delicious Indonesian dessert – Dadar Gulung, which has sweet coconut slices wrapped in soft and spongy pancakes! Check out the video below and learn how to make it!©mobichef.com
Fresh Shredded Coconut – 150 g ©mobichef.com
Coconut Palm Sugar – 60 g ©mobichef.com
Egg – 1 pc
Flour – 210 g
Pandan Juice – 80 ml
Water – 200 ml©mobichef.com
Coconut Cream – some
1. Sift the flour. Mix the flour with the egg and pandan juice.
2. Mix with water gradually. Then, sift the batter to get a smoother texture. ©mobichef.com
3. Melt the coconut palm sugar with about 10ml of water in a pan. Mix with fresh coconut slices. Pan-fry till they are dried. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Pour in about 1 ladle of the batter for one pancake. Pan-fry each pancake for about 15 sec. ©mobichef.com
5. Place the pancake on a plate. Wrap it up with the sweet coconut sugar inside. Pour coconut cream on top. Finish!©mobichef.com
Chef Flora was born into an Indonesian Chinese family, and her grandparents owned two small Indonesian restaurants in Hong Kong. She often jokes about herself being someone “raised in the kitchen”, as her mother had been taking her to restaurant kitchens since she was a child. Wanting to share her love of food with friends, she became a part-time private chef in 2017, recreating her mother’s Indonesian recipes, including many authentic dishes not widely available in Hong Kong.©mobichef.com
Order Chef Flora’s Menu: https://bit.ly/mobichefflora
Want to learn more about our chef’s dishes? Check our Youtube channel: MobiChef HK to watch the latest cooking video! ©mobichef.com
The MobiChef experience is an alternative to dining out. We connect personal chefs to diners (Gourmets) looking for an exceptional, quality dining experience at home. You can now host a private occasion at home without going back and forth between the kitchen and living room. As a MobiChef Gourmet you can meet the chefs and better appreciate their talent. And MobiChef service is easy and affordable too – you will pay about the same as a typical restaurant bill. The MobiChef community also enables a personal chef to develop their own catering business without a big outlay, and get closer to the people who love their cooking. Ultimately MobiChef is all about sharing. With MobiChef we can join together and experience a world of fine cuisine in the most comfortable place of all – at home.