Do you love Cantonese cuisine? In this blog, Chef Anson will share with us his recipe on one of the most famous Canton vegetarian dishes – Braised Vegetables with Red Fermented Bean Curd. Scroll down to see how you can make it! Of course, you can also book one of Chef Anson’s menus to try out different mouth-watering Cantonese dishes at your own cozy home. ©mobichef.com
Broccoli – 120 g
Cauliflower – 120 g
Fresh Shiitake – 120 g
Oyster Mushrooms – 120 g
Napa Cabbage – 120 g
Fried Tofu Puffs – 8 pcs
Tofu Skin – 100 g
White Fungus – 1/2 pc
Carrot – 40 g
Glass Noodles – 30 g
Winter Bamboo Shoots – 100 g
Seasoning for Sauce:
Fermented Bean Curd – 50 g
Mushroom Powder – 1 tsp
Oyster Sauce – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Water – 500 mL
1. Dice the broccoli and cauliflower. Soak them in salt water for 15 min.
2. Wash and dice the fresh shiitake and oyster mushrooms.©mobichef.com
3. Chop and wash the Napa cabbage. ©mobichef.com
4. Slice each tofu puff to half. Cook them in boiling water. Then, drain and squeeze out the water gently.
5. Soak the glass noodles and white fungus in water until they become soft. Slice the white fungus into small pieces.
6. Wash and slice the tofu skin. ©mobichef.com
7. Peel the carrots and winter bamboo shoots. Blanch them in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
8. Boil all seasonings needed for the sauce in a wok.
9. Add broccoli and cauliflower into the wok. Then add the fresh shiitake, oyster mushrooms and Napa cabbage. After they are almost cooked, add in all the ingredients left.
10. Cook together for 10 min.©mobichef.com
Chef Anson has over 12 years’ catering experience, seven of them in Cantonese kitchens. Born into a Shanghainese family, his father taught him cooking techniques from seven years old, an age at which he already had prepare his own meals. He can still recall the first dish he prepared by himself: Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs, his favourite at the time.©mobichef.com
Chef Anson started his culinary career in a local Cantonese restaurant. In 1993 he joined the Maxim’s Chinese restaurant group and was promoted to sous chef. He is currently the executive chef of Danny Catering Service, where he leads a kitchen team delivering quality food to their clients.
Order Chef Anson’s Menu: https://bit.ly/mobichefanson
Want to learn more about our chef’s dishes and have fun together at city’super Culture Club? Check our Facebook event page and join the cooking classes you like!©mobichef.com
The MobiChef experience is an alternative to dining out. We connect personal chefs to diners (Gourmets) looking for an exceptional, quality dining experience at home. You can now host a private occasion at home without going back and forth between the kitchen and living room. As a MobiChef Gourmet you can meet the chefs and better appreciate their talent. And MobiChef service is easy and affordable too – you will pay about the same as a typical restaurant bill. The MobiChef community also enables a personal chef to develop their own catering business without a big outlay, and get closer to the people who love their cooking. Ultimately MobiChef is all about sharing. With MobiChef we can join together and experience a world of fine cuisine in the most comfortable place of all – at home.