Christmas is coming in just a few days! Our personal chefs have been receiving bookings for early Christmas celebrations since last week. Last weekend, Chef Giuseppe cooked a 5-course Italian style Christmas feast and made gingerbread cookies as Xmas blessings to the Gourmets! Giuseppe also shared his recipe to the mothers so that they can make their own cookies!©mobichef.com
Follow Chef Giuseppe’s recipe below to make some gingerbread this Christmas! You can also write down your blessings on the cookies to personalise gifts to your loved ones.©mobichef.com
|Ginger dough ingredients
Egg yolk 2pcs
Egg White 1pc
Flower honey 30g
Brown sugar 50g
Soda Powder ½ tsp
Lemon juice 3ml
Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
Dry ginger ½ tsp
|Coloured glaze ingredients
Egg white 1pc
Sugar powder 200g
Lemon juice 3ml ©mobichef.com
1) Pour the sifted flour into a bowl, add dried ginger and cinnamon powder, and mix together.
2) Then add the slightly softened butter. Mix them by kneading the butter, set aside.
3) Separate the egg white and the egg yolk. Add flower honey into two pieces of egg yolk and one piece of egg white.©mobichef.com
4) Then add sugar and brown sugar, and mix them well carefully.
5) Dissolve the soda powder in lemon juice. Add into the egg mixture.©mobichef.com
6) Take out the flour mixture that set aside. Put it into a new bowl. Add the egg mixture. Blend them by an electric mixer at medium speed, until the dough turns smooth.
7) Wrap the dough by plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 mins to cool and raise.
8) Prepare the coloured glaze. Add few drops of lemon juice into one piece of egg white that left before, and beat until fluffy.©mobichef.com
9) Add sugar powder, keep beating at medium speed for around 5 mins.
10) Divide the glaze into several bowls. Add a drop of different food colours into each bowl (Save one of the bowl for the white glaze). Put the glaze! with different colours into the piping bags.
11) Take out the gingerbread dough from refrigerator. Cover the top and bottom of the dough with parchment papers.©mobichef.com
12) Roll out the dough with rolling pin to a thickness of 3mm.©mobichef.com
13) Cut the dough into desired shapes by cookie cutters.
14) Refrigerate the cookie figures with parchment paper to cool down.
15) Put into the oven at 180℃ to bake for 7 mins. Take it out and cool down completely in room temperature.©mobichef.com
16) Finally, use your fantasy to garnish your gingerbread with coloured glaze!
Freshly baked Gingerbread, how lovely is that!
What a great activity for the family to bond in Christmas! If you have interest on Chef Giuseppe’s other cooking, welcome to visit: bit.ly/mobichefgiuseppe , to check out his menus!©mobichef.com
The MobiChef experience is an alternative to dining out. We connect personal chefs to diners (Gourmets) looking for an exceptional, quality dining experience at home. You can now host a private occasion at home without going back and forth between the kitchen and living room. As a MobiChef Gourmet you can meet the chefs and better appreciate their talent. And MobiChef service is easy and affordable too – you will pay about the same as a typical restaurant bill. The MobiChef community also enables a personal chef to develop their own catering business without a big outlay, and get closer to the people who love their cooking. Ultimately MobiChef is all about sharing. With MobiChef we can join together and experience a world of fine cuisine in the most comfortable place of all – at home.