Since his girlfriend became a vegan a few years ago, #MobiChefLeslie has started create vegan dishes for her. Here he is sharing one of those he often prepares:
珍寶蘑菇醬 Portobello Paste
珍寶蘑菇 Portobello 3個
洋蔥 半個Onion 1/2 pcs
生粉 少量Corn starch some
海鹽及黑椒碎 少量Sea salt & Ground black pepper some
1. 洋蔥及蘑菇切成同樣大小之小粒。Finely dice the onions and portobellos into even size.
2. 在平底鑊加入橄欖油，將洋蔥炒至軟身及透明。Turn on the stove on high heat, put olive oil into the frying pan, pan fry the onions until soft and transparent.
3. 加入蘑菇，以大火繼續拌炒，直至蘑菇變軟，加入海鹽及黑椒碎調味。Add the portobellos in, keep pan frying on high heat, until the portobellos become soft, season with sea salt and pepper.
4. 熄火，加入生粉水拌勻使蘑菇醬較為杰身，與餅乾或麵包同吃。Turn off the heat, mix corn starch with 1 tbsp of water, add it to the portobello paste and mix well, in order to thicken the paste. Serve with crackers or breads.
– Do not pan-fried the portobello for too long, should stop when it becomes soft. Otherwise there would be too much water coming out from the mushroom because of the heat, and the paste will become very watery.
– the portobello should be diced by hand but not food processor, as machines would cut them too small that shorten the heat-up time, which will also result a watery paste.
“Vegetarian/vegan food is commonly considered as bland, non-fulfilling or sometimes boring. But vegetables are in fact full of flavours, each has its unique texture, tastes and aroma. So be creative, try cooking an everyday vegetable in a different way, pairing it with other condiments or herbs, you will find it not boring at all.” Said Leslie.
The MobiChef experience is an alternative to dining out. We connect personal chefs to diners (Gourmets) looking for an exceptional, quality dining experience at home. You can now host a private occasion at home without going back and forth between the kitchen and living room. As a MobiChef Gourmet you can meet the chefs and better appreciate their talent. And MobiChef service is easy and affordable too – you will pay about the same as a typical restaurant bill. The MobiChef community also enables a personal chef to develop their own catering business without a big outlay, and get closer to the people who love their cooking. Ultimately MobiChef is all about sharing. With MobiChef we can join together and experience a world of fine cuisine in the most comfortable place of all – at home.